Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default lightswitch with neons: does it exist?

Stephen wrote:
Hello,

I want to switch two lights that are outdoors. Because they are remote
from the switch I would like a neon on the switch to remind me the
light is on. If I needed a one-gang switch I could use a spur with
neon but I am after a 2-gang switch with two neons; does such a thing
exist?

Thanks.

Its simple to fit neons to light switch plates. There are push through
types that sit in a 1/4" hole, and larger ones, or you can use wire
end neons and put the tips only into a 3mm hole in the face plate,
gluing them in place. Neons need a series resistor, they're available
with or without this.

NT