Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rural broadband speeds

robgraham wrote:
On 8 Jan, 09:59, Peter Scott wrote:

I have written to Ofcom and attach the text below. Is anyone else
interested in offering an opinion to Ofcom?

Text of letter...

"I live in the country and have very poor broadband speed, at around 750
kbit/s. Each time I do a speed test I see what speed people get who live

snipped

Having read through this thread, I have been surprised at the
aggression of the responders. This NG is normally extremely tactful
in its comments to OP's but in this case I found many of the answers
near enough offensive.

.... and some found the op offensive. Personally I just think its an
attitude that pervades our society today and is absolutely the core of
so many problems people face today. And there is only one solution, to
grow up and act to solve one's own problems. If/when people accept
this, they do so much better in life.

My assumption is that this is a demonstration of the disconnect that
is occurring in UK society between those living in urban and rural
environments, with the urbanites all too often classifying anyone
living outside the towns and cities as winging scroungers.

I'm glad you acknowledge it is just an assumption. FWIW it has nothing
whatever to do with where I'm coming from.

I would suggest that all of you who have contributed to this thread
should do as I have done and re-read all the responses and you will
see the attitude that is coming across.

All I can say is shame on you all.

Rob

Shame on society for fostering this kind of foolishness, and many
people for never getting real and sharing life's solutions with
people. This stuff changes lives. Many people suffer so many problems
from being stuck in the foolish attitude presented. And I mean serious
problems. I shan't apologise for speaking of the real solution, I only
wish people did so more. We still have freedom of speech, and the op
is free to add me to the killfile if they wish.

Part of the solution,

NT