Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Rural broadband speeds

"Peter Scott" wrote in message
om...

I'm not complaining about the benefits of living the country, expensive
though it is. My point is that I pay the same for a poor service, that it
is technically possible to provide a higher speed service to rural areas,
but that there is no commercial pressure to do so.

If people were prepared to pay for a better service someone would provide
it.
However I doubt if you are prepared to pay.
If you were you would already have a faster service.

The threads we have had about improving broadband speeds in the home by
filtering and rewiring mean that this is a problem for DIYers. I was
pointing out that there are perhaps other things that we can do as well.

DIY fibre laying down rural roads?