Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Bronze Pump

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:32:17 -0800 (PST), Molly Brown
wrote:

On Jan 7, 4:39*am, wrote:
But it wasn't the bronze that wore out. The parts that wear out are the same
as those on iron pumps.- Hide quoted text -

Right again. Thanks to companies like Bell and Gossett I am not
getting my money’s worth from the bronze pump because they don’t care
enough about their product as much as I did to keep making parts for
it.

Just exactly what needs to be replaced? Bearings, shaft, seal,
gaskets, impeller, coupling, housing?

Seals, gasket and impeller.

Aftermarket seals that will fit the dimensions of that pump will
always be available. You can make your own gaskets. Are you
sure the parts for the cast iron variety of that pump doesn't include
a stainless impeller that will fit yours?