Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Rate your DTV converter

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 01/07/09 08:25 pm ---MIKE--- wrote:

A lot of people are having reception problems with digital. The
digital signal is much more "fragile" than the analog signal. All
of the promotions that claim digital provides a better picture are
BS. IF you can get a picture it might be better but getting it is
the problem. Complain about this to your congressman.

I just looked through our local channels using an outdoor antenna
connected to the built-in tuner(s) in our Sam sung LCD HDTV. In some
cases the analog signal was horrible -- ghosting -- while the
digital
version was crystal clear.

Keep in mind that some stations are not yet running their digital
transmissions at full power. Your digital signals may well improve
further after Feb 17.

Digital is either on or off--you have a perfect picture or none.
That's its strength and weakness. It doesn't degrade gracefully.

Stations are in general not going to be licensed to run their digital
signal at the same level as their analog signal. A lot of people are
just plain going to lose reception.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)