Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Bonner Martin Bonner is offline

Default Rural broadband speeds

On Jan 8, 11:53 am, robgraham wrote:
Having read through this thread, I have been surprised at the
aggression of the responders. This NG is normally extremely tactful
in its comments to OP's but in this case I found many of the answers
near enough offensive.

My assumption is that this is a demonstration of the disconnect that
is occurring in UK society between those living in urban and rural
environments, with the urbanites all too often classifying anyone
living outside the towns and cities as winging scroungers.

I don't think so.

For the last two years I have been an urbanite, but for ten years
before that, I lived in a mud hut in rural Suffolk so I understand
both sides of the trade-off.

The aggression is partly because many people (townies and country-
folk) disagree with the OP, and partly because the post is OT and he
won't admit it. (How to insulate the house is on-topic, campaigning
for the gas company to reduce the price of gas is OT.)