Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Default Rural broadband speeds

"Peter Scott" wrote in message
om...

This is one of the consequences of choosing to live in a rural area

Doesn't have to be

I suppose that you would also want the same level of mobile phone
coverage, bus services, and shopping facilities, as urban areas do

Certainly not. But I would not expect to be riding in a slow open cart and
still pay the same fare as on a fast heated bus!

Would you give up the lack of congestion, lower crime rates, lower car
insurance premiums, cleaner air and the other benefits of a rural
environment to get your higher broadband speed

I'm not complaining about the benefits of living the country, expensive
though it is. My point is that I pay the same for a poor service, that it
is technically possible to provide a higher speed service to rural areas,
but that there is no commercial pressure to do so.

The threads we have had about improving broadband speeds in the home by
filtering and rewiring mean that this is a problem for DIYers. I was
pointing out that there are perhaps other things that we can do as well.

Peter Scott

I only live 1/2 a mile from the post office sorting office yet I have to pay
as much as you to get a letter delivered

The white van man who delivers mail order stuff here does dozens of drops in
a few square miles for very little time and fuel cost yet I have to pay as
much as you for delivery

I do not think that it is fair that I should be subsidising your broadband
as well

Think yourself lucky that you have copper wiring rather than the oxidising
aluminium stuff we have round here

And just because I build my own wardrobes does not make it on topic to
comment here on the cost of the clothes in them

If you want a better broadband try this

http://www.broadbandwherever.net/?gc...al%20Broadband

Tony