Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default slacken compression fitting to bleed air ... BANG!

On Jan 8, 11:04*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article
,
* *RobertL wrote:

I now realise of course that once the fitting was slackened it did not
take much force to slide the olive off the end of the pipe.

A properly fitted compression fitting doesn't allow the olive to 'slide
off'

*The loud bang was because of all the compressed air in the pipe -about
1 litre of air at 70 Bar.

The entire system would explode with pressure anywhere near 70 bar. Mains
is rarely above 3 bar.

oops yes sorry I meant 70 metres of head - although maybe it's more
likely to be 30.