Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Spotlight with lead acid battery

On Jan 8, 8:34 pm, "Dave Baker" wrote:

When you charge a lead acid battery the volume of acid increases. If you
have a flat battery with low fluid level you should only top it up to just
cover the plates before recharging it and then see where the level has risen
to afterwards before adding any more water.

The battery is a "sealed unit". When the torch is in normal use the
battery is on its side. There is no fluid level, since there seems to
be some kind of absorbent material between the plates.
All the water I have added has soaked into the absorbent material.
I was just saying that the battery is now working again with the
addition of distilled water.
P.S. the torch and charger cost 6 GBP