-copyguy-

Default Experience w/ Grizzly products?

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 00:43:02 GMT, "Sammy" wrote:

Started putting my new Grizzly products together today.

The mortiser had a split in the metal base around one of the legs. I called
that one in already. They'll get back to me, etc. (?!) How about just send
out the new base piece?

The jointer is missing the 3 bolts that attach it to the base. Don't know
what else yet, as I've stopped for the evening.

Haven't opened the lathe and dust collector yet.

Has anybody else had this kind of experience with Grizzly products? I've
come to expect everything to be in its place anymore - not like the 70's.
But they're 0 for 2 so far.

I own a few grizzly tools (2 of which have been passed down to me from
my dad when he upgraded to bigger and better at grizzly)

The 1023s that I bought came with all parts and went together great..

The mini lathe that I inherited needed a new control board (we had
burned it up by overloading the fuse and then "aluminum foiling it
....what can i say, we were in a hurry to finish the project. Customer
Service quick to get me the right part when I ordered it.

The G1017 12" planer that i got is excellent...I have had no problems
at all.

The only piece I've had an issue with is a shop fox adjustable base
for the tablesaw. When installing the bolts for the frame I had 3 of
them strip the frame threads with VERY little tension...I ended up
using holes a little further in, no big deal, but it bugged me at the
time.

Overall, I look first to grizzly, then at the competition, then always
back to grizzly for the purchase.