Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Rate your DTV converter

(---MIKE---) wrote in
:

A lot of people are having reception problems with digital. The
digital signal is much more "fragile" than the analog signal. All of
the promotions that claim digital provides a better picture are BS.
IF you can get a picture it might be better but getting it is the
problem. Complain about this to your congressman.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

All of the
promotions that claim digital provides a better picture are BS.

I have a cheapo $300 RCA DTV I got a year ago. I have it on amplified
ears. On analog it gets snowy crap...on a good day. Hit digital
flip-over button and I get like 28-30 stations crystal clear.

So, your general statement is BS. "It all depends" would be more
accurate. Accroding to antennaweb.org, I'm 43 miles from the majority of
transmitters for Raleigh, NC (north of here). I can also get a couple of
stations from the Myrtle Beach SC area which is about 60 miles
(Florence, SC transmitter) in the opposite direction south from here.

You're in White Mountains of New Hampshire. I lived in VT area a little
over a year ago. Yea, I did the cog railway up Mt Washington. They
aren't transmitting much from BTV let alone the Mt Washington area of NH.

IF you can get a picture it might be better but getting it is the
problem.

If you look on antennaweb.org for zip 03589 (Mt Washington I believe)
there's only like two stinkin' digital stations available now. What do
you expect? Ruralness has some drawbacks.

Complain about this to your congressman.

About what? Where you choose to live?

DTV 03589

Antenna
Type Call Sign Channel Network City, State Compass Heading Miles From
*uhf WLED-DT 48.1 PBS DURHAM, NH 299° 22.3
*uhf WVTB-DT 20.1 PBS BURLINGTON, VT 321° 35.6