Posted to alt.home.repair
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default Inclinator question

On Jan 7, 8:31*pm, Bob Landry wrote:
My ex-wife is on total disability and is essentially trapped in her finished
basement. (Her arthritic 87 year old Mom lives upstairs and can't handle the
stairs either.) She can't handle the stairs without risking a fall. I did some
research on Inclinator and some other brands, and the prices aren't out of the
question for her, but apparently they are only sold direct via the
manufacturers. At least, there are no dealers here in Salt Lake City.

If she were to buy one of these, what kind of craftsman would you look for to
install it, since there's mechanical installation as well as wiring? What would
you think would be a reasonable charge?

Bob

Just your basic flake, and official Old Fart!

I would look for used on Craigslist or other site. Not to be cold but
as you said the ex-MIL is 87, how long do people who get these
installed need them.

I remember as a kid my Grandmother having one and IIRC it was just
screwed to the wall and plugged in.