Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Manufacturing Shrinks as Orders Hit 60-Year Low

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 17:36:37 -0500, Wes wrote:

I wonder if that would be all that legal? It would tend to have to be back channel in
nature. I doubt the incoming administration would publicly announce we picked Ford to
survive, so sorry GM.

Wes

-----------
This would be historically congruent. At least back to
Eisenhower, GM has been a "Republican Company" (e.g. "Engine
Charlie" Wilson as SecDef under Eisenhower) while Ford has been a
"Democratic Company," (e.g. MacNamera as SecDef under Johnson).

As the data continues to bubble to the surface, one stinky item
after another, it is becoming ever more apparent that GM (and
GMAC) has no future short of total nationalization, while Ford
may well survive and prosper, particularly if GM and Chrysler go
b/k, and Ford is able to pick up most of this market share.

While I am not yet ready to call it, there is a fair chance that
Chrysler will never reopen after the January shutdown.

Over Xmas/New Years I was at my brothers in Fayetteville,
Arkansas, and all the new car dealers including the
imports/transplants are jammed to the gunnels with new cars [most
of them high end Hummers, Cadillacs, Lincolns Chryslers, etc.]
and all the used lots are crammed with used vehicles including
lots of trucks and SUVs. While not scientific, what does the new
and used light vehicle inventory look like in your area. If you
post be sure to include nearest big city and state.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and