Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Manufacturing Shrinks as Orders Hit 60-Year Low

"Dick 'Tater" wrote:

Does that sound like cutting edge, innovative thinking or stupidity?

Why should Ford, if GM gets a handout like that, it would put Ford at
a disadvantage. If your competitor is subsidized by the government
it tilts the playing field.

Because you can't lead from behind Wes. Ford could, and should, sieze the
moment. I think if they get the right signals from the incoming
administration they will.

I wonder if that would be all that legal? It would tend to have to be back channel in
nature. I doubt the incoming administration would publicly announce we picked Ford to
survive, so sorry GM.

Wes