Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can't we all just get along?

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 18:33:40 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 01:00:02 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 21:43:36 -0600, Ignoramus10831

On 2009-01-05, Vernon wrote:

One summer day in 1979, at about midnight, I was in a bar in Homer,
Alaska. The bar was brim full but quiet, and subdued. I was standing
at the bar next to a fellow Texan, named "Tiny". "Tiny" stood nearly
eye to eye with a grizzly bear.

Tiny answered: "It's different in Alaska. I don't know about you but
you can be sure that everybody else in here is packing a gun and a
knife and will not hesitate to draw either if threatened. So we're
polite because nobody wants to be the cause of any bloodshed".

Sitting in a subdued bar, full of drunks with guns, does not sound
like my idea of fun.

Drunks and guns should not go together.

What makes you think they are all drunks?

I go to bars at least 3 nights a week. Im always carrying.

And I dont drink booze of any sort.

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Having just gone through the CCW course here in Californicate, I can
tell you that carrying in a "place that has ther primary purpose of
selling alcohol" is illegal, whether you drink or not. Just be
careful, my friend.

Jim

Please provide the California state law on that statement if you would.

Its indeed illegal to simply carry in a bar in some states, but was not
aware the law had changed in California, making it so.

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/California_License_to_Carry_Concealed_Weapon_(CCW) #Limitations_on_carry

Where is concealed carry allowed by the license?

Unless limited by a 12050(b) restriction on the license, a license is
valid in the entire state.

Specific exemptions allowing concealed carry for licensees under 12050
are

* Penal Code 171b public meetings
* Penal Code 171c State Capitol and related areas
* Penal Code 171d Governor's mansion and Legislator's residences
* Penal Code 626.9(l) School zones (K-12 and college/university)

Limitations on carry

Federal and local laws may limit concealed carry even for licensed
individuals. Airport sterile areas and United States military
installations are two examples.

Courthouses and jail facilities commonly prohibit firearms, even for
licensed individuals.

San Francisco bans possession of firearms "upon public premises selling
or serving alcoholic beverages" (San Francisco Municipal Code SEC.
3603).

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.