Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default Can't we all just get along?

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 01:00:02 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 21:43:36 -0600, Ignoramus10831

On 2009-01-05, Vernon wrote:

One summer day in 1979, at about midnight, I was in a bar in Homer,
Alaska. The bar was brim full but quiet, and subdued. I was standing
at the bar next to a fellow Texan, named "Tiny". "Tiny" stood nearly
eye to eye with a grizzly bear.

Tiny answered: "It's different in Alaska. I don't know about you but
you can be sure that everybody else in here is packing a gun and a
knife and will not hesitate to draw either if threatened. So we're
polite because nobody wants to be the cause of any bloodshed".

Sitting in a subdued bar, full of drunks with guns, does not sound
like my idea of fun.

Drunks and guns should not go together.

What makes you think they are all drunks?

I go to bars at least 3 nights a week. Im always carrying.

And I dont drink booze of any sort.

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Having just gone through the CCW course here in Californicate, I can
tell you that carrying in a "place that has ther primary purpose of
selling alcohol" is illegal, whether you drink or not. Just be
careful, my friend.

Jim