Posted to uk.d-i-y
Painters10 Painters10 is offline

Default Suitable Timber

I made some last year. I went to a scaffolding company and he let me
have a load of scaffold planks that were damaged for a few quid.
These are about 8" x 2" thick sturdy pieces and are presumably
pressure treated for their outdoor life.
I'm just about to build more beds and I will get some more.

Painters10

I am going to make some raised beds in my garden to grow vegetables as the
present soil is heavy clay. I already had a small raised bed made from 2ft
by 6in edging slabs and the difference in yeild was startling. I imagine
lengths 8in by 2in timber would be ok so what would be the best and
prefeably cheap timber to use? And what should it be treated with?

Jan