Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Underfloor heating with less of the "under floor"

wrote:
On 7 Jan,
Tim S wrote:

With that scenario, we could say the "luxury" of UFH costs us an extra 140W
for 19m2 room at 50% duty cycle heating. That's more like 2.50 quid/month
for the colder months.

Most of the other rooms downstairs are bedrooms, so should be on a lower
duty cycle, but as 2 are kids bedrooms, that may not always be true...

Hmm.

You should be able to run the roms at a lower temperature with UFH, as the
heat is where you want it. This will negate some of the extra losses thrpugh
the floor.

yup.

I have a roomstat set to 18C and SWMBO says its 'fine with a jumper on'

By running 24x7, that 18C is utterly even: with timing, I used to feel
cold until the stat showed 19-20C.