Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Default Suitable Timber

"Janice" wrote in message
I am going to make some raised beds in my garden to grow vegetables as the
present soil is heavy clay. I already had a small raised bed made from 2ft
by 6in edging slabs and the difference in yeild was startling. I imagine
lengths 8in by 2in timber would be ok so what would be the best and
prefeably cheap timber to use? And what should it be treated with?

Jan
I used some 7'' x 2'' treated joists and 4'' galvanised nails

After a few years there is some minor rotting on some of the inside faces

They are so cheap I will just replace them when they get too bad

I suspect that this will not be for some years yet

Tony