Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike S. Mike S. is offline

Default erratic output from green laser pointer

In article ,
Dave Martindale wrote:
I have a green laser pointer, labelled "Orion Skyline". It's rated = 5 mW
output power. I don't have a way to measure actual output, but I'll
assume that it's operating at approximately rated power when it's nice
and bright and the brightness is steady. Unfortunately, the brightness
is constant only when it has "warmed up".

The KTP frequency-doubling crystal may be more temperature-sensitive than
is normal. This is a known characteristic, but perhaps the crystal is
damaged or improperly aligned.