Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can't we all just get along?

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 00:36:40 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:09:46 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

And that polite conversation ended when gentlemen quit carrying sidearms.

I didn't realize you were that old. That was about the time they quit
wearing top hats, too, wasn't it? d8-)

I've known a lot of people who carry sidearms, but none of them would
qualify as a gentleman.

If you occasionally consort with gentlemen, you very probably have
consorted with armed gentlemen. An armed gentleman has no need,
desire or intent to make you aware that he's armed.

I know several gentlemen who have carry permits, don't know if they
carry routinely or not. You and others on this NG may recall the
name Fitch Williams. I do know that Fitch carries routinely and that
he is an exemplary gentleman.

Every person who has personally met me, face to face, didnt appear to
know that I was carrying, unless the question came up and I volunteered
the information.. If anyone meets me, unless as a sex partner or
scrubbing my back in the shower, meets me when Im armed. Shrug...and
neither circumstance is likely to occur with the men here...chuckle....

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost