Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default having main fuse upgraded

In article
,
sm_jamieson wrote:
Balfour Beatty are coming on jan 14th to upgrade my house main
electricity fuse (to 100A). No fee is involved. I've been told they
cannot work live, and so will have to dig a hole in the pavement (I
assume this is to disconnect something). But surely there is no magic
switch under the pavement ?
Anyone know what they will actually do ?

If all they were doing was replacing the main fuse, this doesn't actually
mean 'working live' IMHO. So it means they must be replacing the header or
incoming cable.

--
*This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for extra security *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.