Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jon Fairbairn Jon Fairbairn is offline

Default Engineered wood flooring - advice please

Jules writes:
Yep, that's what we have here - 1-1/2" wide strips of about 3/4" deep (I
think the modern stuff's a bit wider, typically). Very hard-wearing,
although some types of spills can damage the finish and of course it's
vital to put pads on the bottom of the furniture so it doesn't scratch (we
used felt ones, but rubber would probably be better).

You have to be careful about the type of rubber. I used
some black rubber under furniture on a maple floor and was
dismayed to find that after five years or so some of the
black had migrated into the floor (very hard to get out). I
was planning on using felt next time!

--
Jón Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2008-04-26)