Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default Washer Standpipe Backup/Solution?

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:15:11 -0800 (PST), SMcK
wrote:

I have a problem with my clothes washer overflowing the 1.5"
standpipe. ...

I agree with the prior response in suggesting your plane is
not likely code and could create some bigger problems.

I would suggest biting the bullet and do it right. New 2"
pipe. I'd bet the inside of the existing pipe is now rough and that
is catching the lint causing the back up. It is also possible that
any horizontal sections may not be properly angled and that is also
causing a problem.

Do it once right and you will not be back here with the same
problem.