Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Connectors for Jenix DROs sought

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 19:44:22 +0000, Richard Edwards
wrote:

Whilst it certainly makes sense to initially try and obtain the
correct plug, may I suggest (if you cannot source it) a simple option
is to change both plug and socket to something easily obtainable. G

Indeed. Ive done that many times on old machine tools

Gunner

Richard

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 09:58:55 -0500, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

I put a Jenix DRO on my Millrite vertical mill. I would like to add a
Z-axis switch, choosing between the knee vertical motion and quill
motion.

The problem is that I have not been able to figure out the make and
model of the 6-pin connectors used to connect linear scale to readout
head.

I don't think it matters, but the scales are Jenix type JSN5L.

The distributor doesn't know, and an email to Jenix in Korea was not
answered. Nor does google give the answer, although it does mention
Sargon connector adapters.

Any ideas?

Joe Gwinn

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""