Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Underfloor heating with less of the "under floor"

Tim S wrote:
Tim S coughed up some electrons that declared:

Waiting for a price by email - my ISP crashed for the entire day so email
for me is backed up on other people's servers

OK. The ISP lost their ATM uplink to BT's 20C network. Ow.

But it's back, I have the email and it looks like:

Marmox 20mm and EasyPanel 25mm [1] are *very* similar in price.
PEX pipe and manifolds are comparable to the rads/convectors I would need.

So - insulation vs insulation+UFH is comparable. Either is 2k more expensive
than doing neither (what I originally intended).

I think it would be worth getting a sample of the EasyPanel for
examination - after I run a crude heat loss calculation...

[1] The PEX pipe is 16mm, so even in 25mm, some of the pipe will have a lot
less insulation between it and the floor slab. 20 vs 2

Cheers

Tim

Tim: the heatloss down to heat loss up ratio is entirely dependent on
the ratio of insulation underneath to isnualation above `(flooring,
carpets dogs/cats sofas etc)

50mm is probably the minimum for a screed floor but this should work
well enough.