Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Receiving Freeview and cable signal

"AlanC" wrote in message
On 6 Jan, 16:45, "John" wrote:
I imagine the five analogue channels currently being carried
by the VM cable will cease at the same time as the off-air
analogue in your region which may be this year

I was wondering what VM will do. Will they send down the equivilent
digital signal. Will they have to replace all of those set-top-boxes
with ones that can take a digital signal?

Alan

Snipped

surely VM supply a digital signal.

All of my current TV's are non-digital and they are connected to the
cable and receive the standard channels. Maybe they also send a
digital signal but I would have thought that my new TV with its
digital (Freeview) receiver would have picked them up.

It will be interesting to see if digital TVs continue to be sold with
analogue tuners. As you have found out analogue will still
be useful for distributing RF from set top boxes, CCTV etc.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%