Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default 100w Light Bulbs.

"jal" wrote in message
In article
,
wrote:

Has anyone else noticed the disapperance of 100w light bulbs from the
supermarkets and B&Q?
Aparrently for environmental reasons - but now I need to replace my
light fittings with ones that will take multiple 60w bulbs :-(

Am I missing something? Why don't you just replace them with "energy
saving" equivalents -- I think it's 20W to replace 100W tungsten.
"Everyone's a winner." (yeah yeah)

Because:

1) 20 W CFL does not replace a 100W
2) 20 W CFL's at a sensible price are hard to find.
3) CFL's have a very long "start up" time. If I want a bright bulb in a
room the chances are that I want it to come on instantly!
4) CFL's fade over time. Aa 100W equivalent when new, is a 60W equivalent
after 18 months

tim