Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Receiving Freeview and cable signal

"AlanC" wrote in message
On 6 Jan, 16:45, "John" wrote:
I imagine the five analogue channels currently being carried
by the VM cable will cease at the same time as the off-air
analogue in your region which may be this year

I was wondering what VM will do. Will they send down the equivilent
digital signal. Will they have to replace all of those set-top-boxes
with ones that can take a digital signal?

Alan

Snipped

surely VM supply a digital signal.

All of my current TV's are non-digital and they are connected to the
cable and receive the standard channels. Maybe they also send a
digital signal but I would have thought that my new TV with its
digital (Freeview) receiver would have picked them up.

Any TV with a SCART will receive a digital signal from Cable or any other
source. It is fed in through the SCART as a Red., Green & Blue plus audio.
Virgin is Digital.

By using the term "non-digital TV " you are likely to get conned into buying
a new one.