Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default wet under floor heating/boiler

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 14:20:18 -0800, Yekal wrote:

Do you think I will be OK using the integral programmer? (which was
purchased seperate and now fitted), or will I need to get an external
one? as last time I spoke with Worcester they seem to think the
integral one won`t work with underfloor heating.

I think you need to use a timer external to the boiler to control the
heating. From what I saw of your UFH controllers it looks as if they either
have or need to have their own time controls. If you just want the whole
house heating on or off at the same times then you can use one timer. If
you want zones controlled separately e.g. downstairs warm during day,
warmer in evening, practically off at night; upstairs background during
day, warm evening, cool night, warm morning; then I'd use separate
programmable thermostats for the zones.

Is the boiler a combi? If so you don't need a time control for hot water
(unless the boiler has some sort of pre-heat or storage function which can
be switched on & off). If it has, or if it's a conventional non-combi,
then you'll need a time control for that. BTW a "programmer" is
conventionally a device with independent timer controls for heating and
HW in one box.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

I can't stand intolerance