Posted to alt.home.repair
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default Grouting new tile question

On Jan 6, 1:01*am, "Ivan Vegvary" wrote:
Finished putting up 4"x4" ceramic tile around the bathtub and other places.
This is the first time I've done tile.

Does the small gap between the top of the tub and the bottom of the tile get
grouted, or, do you use the "tub & tile" caulk? *If the answer is "tub &
tile" caulk then, obviously, I need to caulk first before I start smearing
grout all over the place. *Or, do you do both. *Grout the gap first and then
seal it with "tub & tile" caulk?

Please advise. *Thanks.

Ivan Vegvary

Caulk after grouting, do it with the tub full of water so the weight
opens the joint as far as possible for the best job. Rake any grout
from the joint before it sets.