Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Door swelled from moisture won't close

On Jan 5, 8:09*pm, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
"BoscoXavier" wrote in message

I was just looking at it again and the deadbolt is almost flush with
the edge of the door. So I won't be able to sand much off of the door
before the deadbolt will stick out. What about sanding down the side
of the door jam?

Standard practice to reduce the width of a door appears to
be to (remove and) plane the hinge edge of the door. *This may be
inconvenient in wet or cold weather.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Standard for maybe a carpenter charging by the hour who is out of
work, Ive adjusted maybe 50 doors, redone hundreds, never did, never
will remove it if the locking side sticks, you remove the hinge side
if hinge side was improperly installed.