Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Compatibility of implanted cardio defib with MIG and TIG

On Jan 6, 10:14*am, "SteveB" wrote:
wrote in message

On Jan 6, 4:55 pm, Wes wrote:
Don Foreman wrote:
Does an implanted cardiac defibrillator preclude use of MIG and TIG,
particularly TIG with HF?

Gut feeling is TIG is the one to avoid. *MIG likely not so bad. *Finding
a cardiologist
that knows TIG and MIG is going to be the problem.

Were you given a list of things to avoid?

Be careful and don't be a lab rat,

Wes

Hey Wes, don't be a wimp - is this the spirit that made your country
great - cant be, otherwise you would all be sitting back in England,
worrying about being shipwrecked on the way to America.....

Theres a lot of RF around anyway, the place is flooded with it. Cell
phones, power lines, radio transmitters - etc etc - and what if your
neighbor fires up his welding apparatus?......

And Don's probably in better health than hes ever been, after giving
up the smokes, lottsa exercise, eating properly - *his main danger
will be from being beaten to death by a jealous husband! *And if you
cant use your toys, is life worth living?

(Obviously, Don will make up his own mind on this one..........)

Andrew VK3BFA.

"Gut feeling?" *Is that the feeling one gets just before everything goes to
black?

If Don is the smart man I think Don is, Don will not let Don's ego and the
know it all attitude of others answer this question. *Don will go to the
doctor and ask that doctor or cardiologist. *Either that, or we will put
"ANDREW SAID IT WAS SAFE" on Don's tombstone.

Since a 5 way bypass, aortic valve replacement, broken back, and current
ascending aortic aneurysm, I can personally say that anyone who doesn't slow
down in the face of serious medical situations is an idiot with a death
wish. *Don't mean you have to sit in the recliner in the closet, you just
pay more attention to the WALK/DON'T WALK signs. *There's a lot of things
I've given up that don't make me think in any way that life is any the less
worth living. *I used to be a commercial diver, and have more time in a
decompression chamber than a lot of scuba divers have underwater. *On
Christmas week, I was snorkeling on Kauai. *Many times. *I was dying to go
scuba diving, but thought that I might just do that exactly, and didn't want
to put anyone ELSE in the position of having to take care of me. *If one's
life is not worth living if they can't weld, then that life has to be pretty
shallow. *I don't think Don qualifies on that.

And Don, go ask the doc, and do what he says. *Some here have enough
experience to give you valid advice. *The others are talking through their
Carharts. *The best advice is to ask the doc and do what HE says. *He's done
pretty good so far, hasn't he?

Be well.

Steve- Hide quoted text -

A VERY GOOD POST Steve.