Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Compatibility of implanted cardio defib with MIG and TIG

My limited web research indicates not but I'd like to see more data.
Here's what I've found thus far:

http://www.journals.elsevierhealth.c...01477/abstract

My first question when i read something like this is who wrote it and
how thorough were they? This article gets five stars on both counts.
As a fella that knows WAY too much about MAYO clinic, I can tell you
to trust anything they endorse. Their methods are world class.

Now I'd still use a little extra common snese. If you use bare wet
hands and stand in water while welding you know that you're in for a
rude surprise. Personally, I'd take this idea the complete other way
and use neoprene gloves and stand on a rubber mat.

Or as option "B" , "the Kid" may be the best TIG welder around. He
owes me favors. I owe you favors. he works five miles from your house.
Of course, your better 1/2 would have to feed him, and that's not
easy.

Karl