Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Its so cold that...

Jules wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 08:23:40 +0000, Stuart Noble wrote:
To get a sense of perspective, The Met Office Oxford weather station
data goes back to 1853, when winters were cold. 1963 wasn't much fun either

Does anywhere log UK snowfall logs by region? It'd be interesting to see
as I remember some seriously deep falls back when I was a kid - but it'd
be nice to know if that actually was true or if it was just a case of me
being shorter coupled with it being uphill both ways back then ;-)

J.

I think the Met Office only does historic monthly rainfall, temperature,
and sun hours as public information. No doubt they'll send you a price
list for anything more detailed :-)