Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Ace Hardware

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 14:28:40 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Sign in window (with picture)

"Double ended male 'adapters" are illegal, dangerous, a fire hazard, and
possible immoral.' "

My grandmother had an extension cord with plugs on both ends, under
the living room table and sofa. I think I got a shock from it once
when I was about 10, when my leg hit it. That was when I noticed it.
I know she didn't make it. Maybe my grandfather did, but I don't know
why. Even at age 10, I thought it strange, but I didn't like to
complain.

http://consumerist.com/5123592/ace-h...-male-adapters

There are other reasons to avoid male/male plug-ins.