Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default IP camera repair - "on board" battery vs 'wallwart' power supply & ability to 'take' settings/reset

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 11:59:11 -0500, dave wrote:
ok, guys, thanks for the info :-)

while you guys are still here, anybody familiar with THIS particular type

http://fileserver7.jpghosting.com/im...d544 825a.jpg

of CR2032 on-board battery holder? (both of my cameras use -this-
holder). so far, to remove one of the batteries, I've tried:

"thumbnail stretching" the battery holder (upper black tab in this
image) wider to help extract it. seems only able to stretch about 50%
wide enough to allow removal - I'm not eager to risk 'busting' the holder.

also tried lifting (lower center in this image) the silver tab with
thumbnail, result being it doesn't seem "lift highable enough" to remove
the battery (without exceeding the elastic limit of the thin metal, anyway)

so now I'm contemplating: heating old butterknife red with blowtorch,
and using the hot tip to 'push over and off' the upper black tab (or
possibly to just cut it back 50% or so)

I'd cut back that plastic keeper until I could just pry the battery out.
Once out, I would G E N T L Y reform the metal contact tang to be as
tight as possible.
Then, insert the new battery.
You could possibly apply a dollop of hot glue on the battery at and over
the plastic keeper.
Any G forces large enough to dislodge the battery would probably cause
permanent damage to some other component/function of the camera, anyway.

YMMV & HNY
Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux