Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeWhy MikeWhy is offline

Default Movie of my power adjust bench casters :-)

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
http://www.mikedrums.com/benchwheels.mpg
or
http://www.mikedrums.com/benchwheels.mov

Warning if you're still on dialup... it's 12mb.

Cool Mike!

I have been looking for a way to make a heavy work bench mobile and not.
I am wondering if you could simply push down the lever with your foot to
interlock with a spring loaded catch.

Yes, like this guy:
http://woodgears.ca/mobile_base/jointer.html

Like yours, actually, but without the screw. Just step down on the center,
and shove a stick in there to lock them down. The couple of feet of leverage
looks sufficient to raise a much higher load.

But I has that screw clamp from a crappy miter saw to recycle and couldn't
resist. :-)

The mother of all evil is idle hands and a junk part box.