Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] vk3bfa@hotmail.com is offline

Default Compatibility of implanted cardio defib with MIG and TIG

On Jan 6, 5:07 pm, Don Foreman wrote:
Does an implanted cardiac defibrillator preclude use of MIG and TIG,
particularly TIG with HF?

My limited web research indicates not but I'd like to see more data.
Here's what I've found thus far:

http://www.journals.elsevierhealth.c...stract?CRETRY=...

Don, NO ONE is going to say its OK - there might be a 0.000001%
probability that it isnt - so they will automatically say NO. This
applies to most situations, especially when your trying for, say, a
building or planning permit.

My approach is just to say "****it" and go ahead and do it. Your
family can always get a refund on the thing if you kark it....

No, seriously, if it was a problem, it would have surfaced by now, so
give it a go - if your worried, have someone nearby who can do CPR if
its a lousy guess......

Andrew VK3BFA.