Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Honda Headscratching

Gunner Asch wrote:

Looking at the photos of the head, I think I can simply make a round
bearing to fit a fresh line bore, with a pin to keep them from
spinning and oil galleys drilled in the right place. Slip the round
bearing over the camshaft, line the bearings up with the pins, and
clamp everything down I dont think I need to split them at all.

I didnt pull the head yet, still doing honey do's. Thought Id get
called to work today, but the phone still hasnt rung yet. Maybe
tommorow

There is indeed enough play to keep valves from opening, particularly
with .003 tapet clearences

Gunner

Indeed , I was thinking "twin" , but it's a single , and you're absolutely
right . Less chance of screwin' it up with a non-split bush . Mandrel time
.... I'm finally gettin' motivated again , spending some time out in the shed
evenings again .
Might even finish one of my "started-to's" . Like that damn taper
attachment , ain't got that much left to finish it .
--
Snag
every answer