Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Lantern Mantles? Coleman or generic?

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 14:34:57 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

In misc.survivalism Stormin Mormon wrote:

A pound of propane gives about eight hours of light. A change of alkaline
batteries gives about eight hours of light. Just based on what you have on
hand.

A gallon of Coleman Fuel will give you light all evening long for weeks.

1967, I was in charge of the night shift building an earth dam. The
management of the engineering company was concerned for my safety
around all that heavy equipment, but I assured them, that, with my
Coleman lantern, I was the most visible person on the site. Besides,
who else could make the 11PM run to the hamburger joint?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada