Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Underfloor heating with less of the "under floor"

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 21:56:30 +0000, Tim S wrote:

http://www.floorheater.co.uk/

Interesting. I've added a link to the Wiki UFH page
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...rfloor_Heating.

Have you priced up getting the existing floor dug out and replaced with
proper insulated slab with embedded UFH? No system using thin insulation on
top of an existing uninsulated slab is going to give similar efficiency.
Plus is the existing slab properly DPCed?

On a job I've been working on the builders did just this - to an area of
about 7m x 3m total. Took 2 labourers about a day to dig it out, maybe
half a day to level the area with concrete, maybe another half day to lay
polythene DPC + 100m polystyrene (+ UFH piping), another day or so to
concrete. They were mixing up the concrete in a barrowmix: on a bigger job
with readymix one would obviously save some time over that.

--
John Stumbles

I've got nothing against racists - I just wouldn't want my daughter to marry one