Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Its so cold that...

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 12:39:15 -0800, tom.harrigan wrote:

On 5 Jan, 19:21, Jules
wrote:
On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 19:00:01 +0000, mogga wrote:
How cold?
http://www.skipweasel.pwp.blueyonder...bubbles/album/
Cold enough to freeze bubbles?

I keep meaning to try that, but it's cold enough out that I can never
quite motivate myself! :-) Â*

I wasn't expecting any sympathy, but I have basically been freezing
cold while engaged in renovating my house by myself for the last few
weeks.

Ahh... as I mentioned in another post, I'm living in Minnesota these days
(I just like asking questions here still as there are so many clueful
folk). In Celcius terms, it's a hot day when it gets as high as -10, and
it's hit -40 on a few occasions this winter. Going outside just to bugger
about with soap bubbles generally isn't a fun thing to do ;-) (summers are
warmer than England genrally, but the winters are pretty harsh)

The following week I get my wood burning Rayburn
installed! The bliss of a hot cup of tea awaits.

Burning wood for house heat's pretty common around here - and
a wood stove kicks out an *insane* amount of heat. I'm not
sure I've heard of anyone here combining one with a cooker, though. Have
fun :-)

cheers

Jules