Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Its so cold that...

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 13:21:00 -0600, Jules wrote:

How cold?
http://www.skipweasel.pwp.blueyonder...bubbles/album/
Cold enough to freeze bubbles?

I keep meaning to try that, but it's cold enough out that I can never
quite motivate myself! :-)

If it stays cold tommorow late afternoon I might try it with the kids,
they were fascinated by the photos and it has me intrigued as well. It's
warmed up a bit this evening only -4.6C now from a min on -5.9C at 1830.

Freezing from top down I suspect is more likely due to the bubble film
being thinner there (due to gravity) thus less energy needs to be lost.

--
Cheers
Dave.