Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Phil Again Phil Again is offline

Default Drill bit sharpener

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 10:05:12 -0500, 10x wrote:

In article , Phil Again
wrote:

Joe:

What size drill bits have you been successful sharpening? My most
common drill bit sizes I need sharpening are all under 3/16" inch; 1/8
inch, down to wire size drill bits. I know the Drill doctor probably
ain't going to sharpen no #58 drill, but I would like to know just how
small a drill the Drill Doctor will go.

(I use these small drills as pilot holes for scroll saw work.)

Thanks in Advance
Phil

Phil,

The 500x will sharpen any bit from 3/32" up to 1/2". The 750x will do up
to 3/4".

I liked the 500x so much that, after I started using it, I ordered the
bit chuck that would take up to 3/4". Basically, what I did, was to turn
my 500 into a 750.

I especially like the split point feature on the larger bits. It does
help to keep them from walking away from the starting point.

Joe
aka 10x

Thanks Joe and Upscale.

I guess I will pass on that drill sharpener. Need to sharpen drills
smaller than 3/32.