Posted to alt.home.repair
Davej Davej is offline

Default Thicker ceramic tile?

Ceramic tile project -- and there are a few issues... years ago I did
some ceramic tile but the stuff then was thin and flat. Now I'm
feeling out of date. The tile I have now is 4/10 inch thick (maximum)
with a slight texture on the front surface and a grippy crosshatch
pattern on the back side. Scoring and breaking seems fairly
unreliable. What success rate should I be seeing? Also the serrated
trowels they sell now have big square notches. I'm doing a wall so
these square-notch trowels seem like a bad idea. Why the switch to
square notches? Any hints? Thanks.