Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Who to Email in case of Fire

On Jan 5, 11:51*am, Van Chocstraw
I finally got rid of my telephone. *After years of living with that
annoying thing, with advertisers calling every day 24 hours a day, I
finally had enouh, and got rid of the phone forever. *Now I can get
some rest, my health has improved because I am sleeping normally
again, and I am not nearly as stressed because of calls from my
psychotic mother-in-law calling to tell me she is committing suicide.
I also dont miss all the people calling and often wasting a full hour
of my time for some goddamn survey, and those annoying bill collectors
who insist on calling five times each and every day after I clearly
told them I paid as much as I could for the month and can not pay more
until next month. *Yet they continue to call and cus and threaten me
each and every day. *But no more!

I dont miss the phone at all, in fact I never want to see another
phone in or near my home. *

I only have one concern. *If my house was to start on fire, who or
where do I send an email for help?

Jackie

You can get a prepaid trackphone at Walmart real cheap.
Any old cell phone somebody throws away can be used to call 911 without
any subscription.

--
* * * * Van Chocstraw

Assuming:

1 - It remains charged up
2 - It's not an analog phone in an area covered by a digital only
service provider.

cite: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...C0A9669C8B 63