Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amateur-built homes faling down

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 10:49:39 -0600, Hell Toupee
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"evodawg" wrote in message
I wonder how well set the concrete is on the foundations and basement
walls
that have been pored? Do they have an onsite inspector, geez it takes me a
couple of days to get one out to look at my work.

I did read that on Home Makeover they have an inspector on site all the time
for just that reason.

Yeah, and I'm sure the inspector doesn't ever get pressure to
approve shoddy construction just to meet the show's shooting schedule.

That sounds about as ill-thought-out as the decision by some local
governments in Florida to allow developers to hire their own
inspectors, in order to save themselves time and the gov't money. I
wouldn't touch a house that passed inspection by the same company
that built it. Talk about a conflict of interest.

HellT

You buy cars and TVs that way- furniture and appliances too. Even much
of your FOOD is inpected by inspectors employed by the packing
company.