Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Buffing Hardwood Floors

On Jan 4, 10:38*am, rzaleski wrote:
Hi,

I just moved into a new house. *The builder did not do a great job
with the floors. *There looks like small bubbles on the varnish and it
doesn't seem smooth. *If I rented a buffer and ran that over the floor
would that smooth it out? *If so, how does the buffer actually smooth
it out, does it wear it down or apply heat?

Thanks,
Ryan

No you recoat, since the minimum coats were put on in the first place,
probably not enough to last anyway recoating is best. I dont think
bubbles could be buffed out and actual buffing with the componds wiold
make the floor real thin and probably cost even more than a recoat.