Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Bachman John Bachman is offline

Default Frequency of ESR measurements

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 15:09:06 -0500, Fred McKenzie
wrote:

In article ,
John Bachman wrote:

The Capacitor Wizard uses a 100Khz sinusoidal signal. The Bob Parker
design is as described - that is what is used in our Blue ESR meter.
Bob always represented that his method is the equivalent of a 100Khz
signal.

John-

I built one of your Blue ESR meter kits and am impressed with it.

Somewhere I read that there is an industry specification or common
practice, that requires ESR measurement to be made at 100 KHz. If it is
in fact a "standard" method, you should petition that standards
committee to agree that your method is equivalent.

I have not heard of any such industry specification but will
investigate and report back to this group.

Does anyone else have any insight into this?

John
AnaTek Corporation
The Blue ESR kit at www.anatekcorp.com/blueesr.htm